Select Apache and MySQL when installing
Config Apache -> Edit php.ini
Create DB utf8_general_ci + Import sql db
Create User & assign permissions on DB
Install Drupal 8.x
1. Unzip the Startup Growth Drupal theme package.
2. Locate the [site]/[d8] directory and upload its content to your
server. This directory includes Drupal core and all of the
required modules that are used in the theme. If you wish to
install the theme in your root directory (often called the
“/public_html/” directory), simply place all the extracted
files and folders into this directory. Place all files in a
sub-directory, if you want the theme installed in a sub-directory
of your website.
3. (important) Create the MySQL database. Make a note of the complete
database name. You will need your database username and password
during the first couple of steps of your theme installation.
4. Import the “[site]/[d8]/[_data]/db_instance.sql” file in your newply
created MySQL database.
5. Start the Drupal installation wizard by pointing your browser to the
recently created folder, in your Apache server path.
6. Continue the installation by selecting the “Standard” installation profile.
7. Enter your recently created database information. This includes the database name
and credentials (username/password) you have chosen when creating it.
8. The installation wizard will recognise that you are using an already populated
database and will inform you accordingly. At the same time, the wizard should
create all the necessary files your Drupal site needs in order to work properly on
9. You are done. Click on the “visit existing site” link, to visit your new site.
10. Once you are done with the above, please login to this site through the /user/login url
11. Navigate to /admin/reports/status and make sure that there are no errors regarding
the “File system” item. In case of errors please make sure to resolve those.
12. By default, our theme distribution comes with Drupal 8 caching and aggregation of JS and
CSS files, deactivated, ensuring a smoother experience during any technical work you
will need to do post-installation.
Either right after installation, or when you finish building your Drupal 8 site using
this theme, it is recommended to activate Drupal caching and aggregation of CSS and
JS files, for better performance.
To do so, navigate to /admin/config/development/performance and enable caching
(default option: 15 min) as well as the “Aggregate CSS files” and
Close all browser – and explorer windows
Open XAMPP Shell
composer config repositories.drupal composer https://packages.drupal.org/8
composer require “drupal/commerce 2.x-dev”
drupal module:install commerce_product commerce_checkout commerce_cart commerce_tax